The CCMC was founded in 2014 based on the existing cooperation between Prof. Rolf Krause of the Università della Svizzera Italiana, director of the Institute of Computational Science (ICS), and Prof. Dr. med Angelo Auricchio of the Fondazione Cardiocentro Ticino. The CCMC has strong research partnerships with other institutions at the forefront of cardiovascular research:
- Department of Physiology, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
- Department of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Applied Signal Processing Group, EPFL, Switzerland
- Simula Research Laboratory, Norway
- Institute for Surgical Technology and Biomechanics (ISTB), University of Bern, Switzerland
- Group Computational Medicine, Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB), Germany
A further synergy has been created with the Modeling and Scientific Computing Group of Prof. Alfio Quarteroni at EPFL, from the participation of the CCMC group in the Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing (PASC).
Furthermore, the CCMC benefits of the existing cooperation within the Faculty of Informatics at USI, with Centro Svizzero di Calcolo Scientifico (CSCS), Swiss Artificial Intelligence LAB IDSIA, and Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana (SUPSI).
Also, the CCMC is embedded in the the extensive network of clinical partnerships established by the CCT with several biomedical companies dealing with cardiac mapping systems (Biosense Webster Inc, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, USA), biological delivery systems (Biologics Delivery Systems Group, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies) and in cardiac electrophysiology (Schiller AG, Switzerland).